Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Silverlight site coming soon.


I have been working over the past month or so on getting a Silverlight site up and running. Well it is almost here. I had to switch my hosting provider because the servers were not Microsoft servers. To get the full benefit of Silverlight I had to make the switch coming from Media Temple whom I have been with for 7 years. I had zero issues with them, the customer service or up time. Just to expose Silverlight for all it is worth, I had to mode to a server that had Windows Server 2008, .NET 3.5 Framework and Microsoft SQL Server DB.

If you are in the Detroit area be sure to check out the MSDN Developer Conference. That is where I will be all day tomorrow with some of my friends from Microsoft and Sogeti. Be sure to check it out. Be sure to check out Chris Woodruff when you are downtown. He is a great guy and an awesome developer. We worked together in the trenches downtown for some time together. If you do talk to him, say to him "Mike told me to say bitches" but you have to yell bitches....he will get it.

So keep checking back to www.kungfulu.com to see the progression of the site and the possibilities of Silverlight. I have dropped Flash development completely to dive deep into Silverlight.